Tracy U. Azinge
Tracy Azinge is an associate at DeCotiis. She is a member of the Labor and Employment Group.
Ms. Azinge focuses her practice in the areas of labor and employment law. In her practice, Ms. Azinge represents clients in the administration of collective bargaining agreements. Ms. Azinge administers grievances and arbitrates labor matters involving discharge, discipline and collective bargaining agreement interpretation. She represents clients in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies, such as the EEOC and NLRB, concerning discrimination charges, unfair labor practice charges, and enforcement disputes arising under collective bargaining agreements. In addition, Ms. Azinge counsels clients on issues concerning discrimination arising under Title VII and state laws, wage payment laws, the Family Medical Leave Act, and the Fair Labor Standards Act. Ms. Azinge drafts employee handbooks and policies, and prepares employment contracts, separation agreements, confidentiality agreements and other employment-related contracts. Ms. Azinge also conducts in-house training for employers on updates in labor and employment law and a variety of other topics.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Azinge practiced at a boutique firm for three years where she gained experience in a wide array of litigation areas that include employment, legal malpractice, consumer fraud, construction defects, and insurance in both state and federal courts. Ms. Azinge has also worked with the Northeast New Jersey Legal Services as Pro Bono counsel representing clients seeking to obtain expungements.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- Honors: Student Advocate, Civil Litigation Clinic
- Honors: Participant, NJLEEP Program as a Mock Trial Coach
- Rutgers University, Douglas College & Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy
- Honors: magna cum laude
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- Honorable Claude M. Coleman, Superior Court of New Jersey, County of Essex, Family Division, Law Clerk