Amar Mehta is a partner at DeCotiis. He is a member of the firm's Litigation and White Collar and Corporate Investigations Practice Groups.
As a former federal judicial law clerk with a pharmacy background, Amar Mehta's practice concentrates on matters involving life sciences and healthcare, as well as federal litigation generally.
His matters have involved allegations of price-fixing in the generic pharmaceutical industry and trade-secret misappropriation between two global pharmaceutical companies, as well as federal criminal investigations involving allegations of healthcare fraud and securities fraud.
Previously, Mr. Mehta was an associate in the New York offices of two multinational law firms where he represented innovator pharmaceutical companies in patent litigation. He also served as a law clerk for the Honorable Esther Salas, U.S.D.J., in New Jersey federal court for over four and a half years. In that capacity, Mr. Mehta prepared numerous draft opinions, orders, and bench rulings-and assisted during oral argument, evidentiary hearings, and trials-for a broad variety of civil and criminal cases.
Mr. Mehta received his doctor of pharmacy summa cum laude from the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, where he was a member of the Rho Chi Pharmacy Honor Society. After graduation, he earned a two-year postdoctoral fellowship in clinical research at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill and GlaxoSmithKline. He is a licensed pharmacist (Massachusetts).
Mr. Mehta received his law degree cum laude from Boston College Law School, where he served on the Boston College International & Comparative Law Review. During law school, Mr. Mehta interned in the Medicaid Fraud Division of the Massachusetts Attorney General's Office and the Technology Licensing Office of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He also served as a student attorney in the law school's Housing Law Clinic. For completing over 100 hours of service, he was awarded a Certificate of Pro Bono Excellence.
- Boston College Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Student Attorney, Housing Law Clinic
- Honors: Certificate of Pro Bono Excellence
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Doctor of Pharmacy
- Honors: summa cum laude
- New Jersey, 2010
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2010
- New York, 2011
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2007
- Sciences and Healthcare
- Federal Litigation
- Honorable Esther Salas, U.S.D.J., Law Clerk
- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, Postdoctoral Fellowship
- GlaxoSmithKline, Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Medicaid Fraud Division of the Massachusetts Attorney General's Office, Intern
- Technology Licensing Office of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Intern
Fraternities or Sororities
- Rho Chi
- New Jersey Federal Bar Association