He counsels clients, litigates in both state and federal courts, and regularly handles a variety of administrative and regulatory proceedings. Mr. Varghese also counsels clients on a variety of employee benefits law issues.
Mr. Varghese interned at the United States Department of Labor – Employee Benefits Security Administration during law school, where he assisted with investigations of ERISA fiduciary breaches. Prior to law school, Mr. Varghese worked for several years at a NYC law firm, which concentrated its practice in labor law, employee benefits law, and personal injury.
• Represents clients in a variety of labor matters including disciplinary and contractual arbitration disputes
• Assists clients in drafting and negotiating collective bargaining agreements
• Represents clients in unfair labor practice proceedings and representation cases
• Regularly reviews and prepares settlement agreements concerning labor and employment matters, stipulations, confidentiality agreements, and employment agreements
• Represents several multi-employer Taft Hartley Funds in collection actions in state and federal courts and bankruptcy proceedings
Mr. Varghese received a B.A. in History from Adelphi University in 2002. He received a J.D. from Brooklyn Law School in 2010.