Mr. Moncur is a Partner at DeCotiis and practices in our litigation group.
His practice areas include White Collar Criminal Investigations, Criminal Defense, Employment, and Civil Rights Litigation. He is an experienced trial attorney, who manages litigation for both public and private entities, and since joining the firm, has achieved favorable outcomes for our clients.
Mr. Moncur worked as a trial attorney for the New Jersey Office of the Public Defender. He was one of 3 attorneys assigned to the homicide unit, and in recent years handled some of their office’s most serious, high-profile cases. Overall, he’s been the lead attorney on over 40 jury trials, including 10 homicide cases.
In addition to his work at the firm, Mr. Moncur remains active in the community as he has volunteered at the House of Love Soup Kitchen and Pantry in Newark and at the Complete Care Rehabilitation Facility in Passaic. He has also served on the Leadership Council for the United Negro College Fund - New Jersey Chapter. Mr. Moncur is also a Brother of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Incorporated.
Rutgers Law School, Newark, NJ
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- New Jersey, 2007
- New York, 2023
- United States District Court of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- National Criminal Defense College
- Trial Practice institute, July 2012
- Advanced Cross Examination, January 2014
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Garden State Bar Association
- The Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey
- NJ Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- C. Wilard Heckel, Inn of Court, Rutgers Law School - Newark
- New Jersey Association for Justice