Deena B. Rosendahl is a Contract Partner at DeCotiis, FitzPatrick, Cole & Giblin, LLP. She joined the firm in 2021 and is a member of the Labor and Employment Practice Group. Ms. Rosendahl has over 20 years of experience in employment law, commercial litigation, and commercial transactions. Her extensive experience includes working with various companies in all aspects of employment and labor issues as well as complex commercial transaction and litigation and property matters.
Ms. Rosendahl works with many New York/New Jersey area companies in employment related claims, including wrongful termination, CEPA violations, harassment, discrimination, and violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). She also negotiates and drafts employment contracts, offer letters, separation agreements and creates employee handbooks and policies that ensure companies are complying with state and federal laws and regulations.
In her commercial litigation and transactional work, she represents individuals and corporate clients prosecuting and defending complex commercial litigation claims of promissory estoppel, fraud/consumer fraud act, general and vicarious liability, breach of contract, negligence, and other tort claims. She also negotiates, reviews, and drafts various business contracts including commercial lease agreements, license agreements, franchisee/franchisor agreements, service contracts, shareholder agreements and others.
- Juris Doctor, Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, NY, 1996
- Bachelor of Arts, Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY, 1993
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court of New Jersey Bar
- New York State Bar
- Themis Bar Review Advisor for NY and NJ Bar Examination (2010 – 2017)
- Board Member, YWCA of Bergen County, Ridgewood, NJ (2015)
- Board Member, JCC Early Childhood Learning Center (2009 – 2010)
- Associate Editor, Syracuse Journal of International Law and Commerce
- Board Member, Center for Food Action, Englewood, New Jersey 2018-2021